On Monday, May 2, 2016, WorkersCompensation.com announced its Best Blog Designees for 2016. We are so very proud and happy to report that MedicareInsights was chosen as one of the Best Blogs for 2016.
More than fifty blogs were nominated by individuals within the national workers’ compensation community. Seven industry leaders, each with a different position and perspective on the workers’ compensation industry, served as judges. They included: Pamela F. Ferrandino, Executive Vice President, National Casualty, Willis Global Integrated Solutions; Jonathan Mast, Director of Social Media, Sedgwick; Mark Walls, Vice President Communications & Strategic Analysis, Safety National; Jennifer Wolf Horejsh, Executive Director, IAIABC; Thomas A. Robinson, Co-author – Larson’s Workers’ Compensation Law; Mark Pew, Senior Vice President, PRIUM; and Sandy Blunt, Vice President of Insurance Services, Medata. They collectively combed through the nominated blogs to select the best our industry has to offer.
The nominated blogs were judged on several criteria. In addition to objective categories such as age of blog, frequency of posting and website traffic, they were also assessed for content quality, value and timeliness. Designated blog category was determined by the individual nominating the blog. In the event of multiple nominations, the category selected by the majority of nominators was used. After reviewing each nominated blog based on these categories, the judges decided the following 22 blogs were worthy of Best Blog designation:
- Work Comp Roundup, Author Michael Stack – Category: Education
- From Bob’s Cluttered Desk, Author Robert Wilson – Category: National Issues
- Managed Care Matters, Author Joe Paduda – Category: Medical Management
- DePaolo’s Work Comp World, Author David Depaolo – Category: National Issues
- WorkersComp Insider, Authors Tom Lynch & Julie Ferguson – Category: National Issues
- Workers’ Compensation by Gelman, Author Jon Gelman – Category: Legal
- The Official Medicare Set Aside Blog, Author Jennifer Jordan – Category: MSA/Settlements
- Conference Chronicles, Author Varied – Category: Education
- Florida Workers’ Comp Adjudication, Author David Langham – Category: Legal
- Work Safe, Texas, Author Varied – Category: Carrier
- Franco Signor MSP Blog, Author Varied – Category: MSA/Settlements
- Workers’ Comp Zone. Author Julius Young – Category: Legal
- MedicareInsights Blog, Author Rafael Gonzalez – Category: MSA/Settlements
- Alabama Workers’ Compensation Blawg, Author Varied – Category: Regional/State Specific
- Evidence Based, Author Michael Gavin – Category: Medical Management
- Mark Pew, Author Mark Pew – Category: Medical Management
- Louisiana Comp Blog, Author Varied – Category: Regional/State Specific
- Sedgwick Connection, Author Varied – Category: TPA
- New Jersey Workers’ Comp Blog, Author John Geaney – Category: Regional/State Specific
- The Return to Work Blog, Author Varied – Category: Carrier
- Simply Work Comp, Author Varied – Category: Safety/Prevention
- MEMIC Safety Net, Author Varied – Category: Safety/Prevention
We are so very appreciative for this wonderful recognition. We are so very thankful to those who nominated us and to the judges who, after evaluating our content, decided our blog was worthy of this amazing honor. We congratulate all of the other blogs mentioned here, as we consider it an honor to be a part of such an illustrious group.
Whether it is Medicare Secondary Payer legislation, regulations, case law, administrative policy, congressional studies, CMS statistics, or contractor experience and results, we know you have come to rely on us to keep you updated on all things MSP.
And as MSP compliance has become more and more complicated, more complex, and more difficult, we understand you have entrusted in us to provide you with leadership on mandatory insurer reporting, conditional payment resolution, and set aside allocations, approval, and administration.
We hope that the articles, research, and scholarship we publish on a weekly basis on MedicareInsights.com show how serious we take your trust, how dedicated we are to making sure you remain well versed on all components of MSP compliance, and how important each of you and your business are to us.
On behalf of our Settlement Solutions team, and especially those responsible for bringing you MedicareInsights.com, thanks for allowing us to serve you, keep you informed, and for considering us one of the Best Blogs in 2016.